Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Econ 101

I never thought I would see the day that I would wish that I had taken this class. Well, here it is some 4+ after my college graduation and I'm wishing I knew more than I know about economics. Not surprising is the major topic of economics in the forefront of the country right now.

This morning I was listening to talk about another stimulus package and I sure started to wonder what I even know. I know that there are a lot of people out there that understand this better than I do, but with everything going on in the economy right now, I have an idea for the government. We are all expected to shop and make purchases, but obviously not be dumb about loans. (The major housing market problems...) So, why then doesn't the government have to live the same way we do??? How can they be in so much debt, but yet keep throwing money around like they have some? I get in trouble if I max out credit cards and make no payment. I also just plain hate the feeling of owing money that I don't have. Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of debt, and I still have some, but I don't like it. I guess I just don't understand how it doesn't bother so many people to have the kind of problem that we (as a country) have? This is where I need that class I guess.

If someone can explain this to me, I would love to understand.... I get so I think I know what's going on and then, something else happens and here I am back at the beginning scratching my head......

Ok, I think maybe this might be my solution. What do you think?




2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I completely understand your frustration. It is amazing how there appears to be no consequences for our governemnt when they are so irresponsible with our money. I just hope that this current credit crisis does not lead to greater economic difficulties for our country because of their gross irresponsibility.

Dantzel said...

I think you've got a pretty good economic brain!! Too bad Grandpa Dredge isn't around--he's the best economic mind I know--Uncle Doug is #2!

Love you and can't wait to hear if it's pink or blue!!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.