Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We did it!

We have officially made it through our first day of Kindergarten. I had to hold back tears as I dropped him off, other than that, no incidents. We met one of the kids from his class that lives about a block away from our house. I think that will prove to be nice as this year goes on. When we were leaving from dropping off Ben, Charlie asked me about when he will go to school. This may be interesting for him. While Ben was gone, Brigit and Charlie played together and that was nice. It'll be interesting to have him gone EVERY day and not just a couple of days a week like it was with pre-school.

First Day:

Lined up and ready to go to class:

Charlie and Brigit playing:

His first day done:




Anyway, it was good and I think it'll be a great year for him. On a brief side note. I never updated with the haircuts. I took Brigit in to see what we should do and they suggested just leaving it alone and just let it grow in again. So, that's what we are doing. I think we may go back in a few months and get it evened up a bit, but until then, we're dealing with it. Here is also another picture of her hair where it shows more of where it was cut off.

2 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

As of now, I think I wouldn't cry if R was to leave for school. But she is in her terrible 2. congrats to you though. We miss the ward, but you were totally right about nursery being easy with 9am chuch! Good luck on the hair problems!

The Cassel Family said...

Yay! how exciting. Sorry about the hair mishaps, it seems to happen to every kid at least once. They are still so cute.

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.