Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mike

I have seen others do something similar and I thought I would follow suit (I really liked the idea).

Tomarrow is Mike's 29th birthday. I am so glad that he was born. It's amazing how much you can love someone and how it can just continue to grow more and more everyday. We have a few things planned, but we'll let you know what happens afterward. Here are my 29 thoughts about Mike for this moment in time in no specific order.

1. He was born April 18, 1980.
2. He was born in Longview, Washington.
3. He left on his mission on Aug 3, 1999 to Peru.
4. He arrived home from his mission on Aug 3, 2001.
5. We were married Aug 3, 2002 in the Salt Lake Temple. Ben calls it "Our Temple."
6. August 3rd is a significant day for him and one he will always remember. :)
7. He loves to wrestle with his kids, and they love it too.
8. He is the oldest of 7 children. There are 4 boys and 3 girls.
9. Orson Scott Card is a favorite author of his.
10. He enjoys being a school counselor and working with the kids.
11. He will be the head counselor next year.
12. He likes Springville a lot (we may live here forever).
13. He is wonderful to talk to; such a wonderful listener.
14. I really miss him when we are apart.
15. He loves his family and they really do come first.
16. He has a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
17. He is a worthy priesthood holder in our home.
18. He is sensitive to my and the kids needs.
19. He is very helpful around the house.
20. He is a wonderful husband!
21. He has lived in many different places.
22. He graduated from High School in Germany.
23. We met while we were both attending Weber State before both of our missions (back in 1998).
24. He loves to dance. During the first part of our dating that's what we did.
25. He loves music. I think this goes hand in hand with the dancing.
26. He helps me cook and he enjoys doing it too. :) I sure do appreciate it.
27. He is independent.
28. He helps me to be a better person and mother.
29. He is mine and I will love him forever!

5 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

happy birthday mike!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday Mike. Hope you are all doing well! It was Mike's birthday this week too.

Kate said...

Happy late birthday Mike! I love carrot cake, good choice! :)

Bobbidee said...

That is so sweet. I am so glad you are so happy. Happy Birthday Mike! I still have a hard time remembering that you are all grown up now and (we are all grown up now) and that you served a mission and have 4 kids. It is crazy how time flies. I am so proud of you and all that you are and have become. You are awesome Becky! :)

Dantzel said...

We love Mike too:) "Glad your mother borned you" as Grandma D. would say!!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.