Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big Bed Update...

I have had people asking me about how things are going with the big bed. Brigit has been doing really well actually. Nights have by far been the easiest. At first I ended up just putting her in her crib for naps because she would actually take them. Now, she is doing much better with naps. With both her naps today, she went down without a problem.

The hardest part is that she's figured out how to "play" before going to sleep. She will empty her drawers of clothes or knock on the doors/walls. Other than that, it's not too bad. We still have a little while until she will actually share the room, so it'll work out ok.

2 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

how in the world did you get her to be so good about her naps? Norah is HORRIBLE. The only way I can get her to actually take one is by rocking her or laying with her until she is alseep, and that takes at least an HOUR!! Some days I don't even bother and then put her to bed early that night to make up for it. Anyway, sorry for the rant, but any advice is appreciated:)

Johnson Family said...

I totally understand. It's going to sound totally bad, but I just put her in her room and close the door. That's why it's gotten better; in some ways. She will "play" quite a bit and I just make sure she is in there at least an hour so she can actually sleep.

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.