Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jacob Update....



I'm sure many of you are wondering how little Jacob is doing. I will try and help you all understand a little more about what is going on. If I get too detailed, I'm sorry, but I think my mind is a little fuzzy and I'm not sure what's too detailed and what's not... :)

I got released from the hospital yesterday morning and we then went straight up to Timp. to visit Jacob and see how things are going. To be honest, I'm not sure what happened other than the fact that I was given a lot of info. We then came home to see the other kids that have been here with Grandma Hansen (thank you so much mom). They were very excited to see both Mom and Dad and asked where Jacob was. Ben has been paying closer attention than we thought, so he knows quite a bit for an almost 5 yr old. :)

We then got kids to bed and Mike and I went back again to the hospital. I then met the PA that is working with Jacob and she talked to us a little bit. While we were there they had a cardiologist come check out his little heart. From blood tests they had found that he seems to be stressed out. (I think I would be too.) They found that his heart isn't pumping quite as good as it could be and that it's typically and usually corrects itself within a few days. Jacob has plenty to work on, so they are giving him something to help him out a little. The cardiologist will come back again on Thursday and see how things are going.

Today, we got up there before the Dr. made his rounds and so we were there when he came through and he spoke with us for a little while. He talked to us about how they were going to do a temp. block on the tube in his chest to see how his little lungs are doing. If he does well for 12 hrs then tonight they would do a more permanent block and then at about 11:00 tomarrow if all goes well they will then be able to take the tube out and then they will continue to work on getting him off the ventilator.

We will continue to just take things one day at a time. We never know what the next moment might bring. We have to remember that this will all work out to Jacob's time table. We wish it was as fast as ours, but I think he knows what he needs better than I do at this point.

I am very greatful for modern technology and those that know how to use it. Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. They really do help. Thank you!!

4 comments:

Bobbidee said...

He is beautiful Becky, we will keep you all in our prayers.

The Cassel Family said...

He is darling! We will keep praying for all of you. We love you!

Harris Family said...

I just heard the news about your baby, and found your blog through Kate's! I hope you are all surviving ok, and Jacob is continuing to get better. We will surly be thinking and praying for your family!

Shan said...

Becky.. he is darling and I hope and pray all goes well for little Jacob and your family. I am so grateful for all the technology too!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.