Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Better still

I'm sorry that I didn't get this out last night, but I guess it's better late than never. Yesterday turned out to be a very busy day. On Monday night I was told that I could come in and feed once/shift. So, I showed up at 10:30 for his feeding and he ended up eating really well. While I was there, they then told me that I could come up and feed him or have him bottle fed every other feeding. So, I could go back at 4:30 and feed him again. Mike was able to get home at 4:00 so I could go. He didn't eat as well as he had earlier, but not terribly either. When we went back later, we found out that we would be moving into the Special Care Unit. They needed the space for other babies. While there, Mike got to hold Jacob for his 7:30 feeding through the tube).



We then hung around while he finished his meds. and got the IV out of his head. They also changed his bed and we moved to the SCU. After we got there, I was able to feed him and he did pretty well.

We're not exactly sure what will happen next (it's all based on him and we just never know until it happens). We are anticiapting him being off his feeding tube completely by tomarrow. Here again, it could happen sooner, it could happen later. We are trying to work out details as to how we will do that when the time comes.

Here are some pictures of him with the $60,000 bed and the "tupperware" bed. Also, all he has left is his feeding tube, so he's looking really good!! YEAH!!





3 comments:

Kate said...

I was just wondering what was new. Glad things are good. :) Keep hanging in there!

Shan said...

I am glad things are looking up. I remember these beds with Luke. He was in the first one for a couple days and the last one for his last day in the NICU. I hope everything goes well and he gets to come home soon. I am sure it is hard with your other kids and wanting to be with him. He is a cutie!

Kendra said...

I'm glad he's graduated to the"tupperware". I like the new pictures of all the kids!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.