Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Crazy Weekend!!

We had a wonderfully crazy weekend that I thought I would share with all of you. Mike and I had planned to go out of town to San Francisco leaving Friday and coming home Sat. night.

Well, as things would go, the flights were all full, so it wasn't going to happen. There was a flight to Las Angeles and we decided that we might as well try that one. We did and we got on right before take-off. We arrived at the airport and luckly found a little kiosk to rent a hotel room. We got to our room and enjoyed a nice night with no kids and were able to wake up when we wanted!! We decided that we would head down to the beach and see what we could do there.

We ended up at Redondo Beach and ate at a mexican restaurant there on the boardwalk. It is more of a shipping harbor with a nice pier. We were able to look around in the shops there and we saw a fresh seafood store. It was fun to look around and be together. It was about 78 degrees there and we wished we were wearing our shorts and flip-flops.

We then headed back to the airport to catch the flight, but it didn't work out so we ended up staying in another hotel for the night and heading out early Sunday morning. We got on that flight fine and got home at about 12:00.

It was fun to get away....it really won't happen for a very long time. Being 7 months preg. probably wasn't the best time to go, but it was fun anyway. Thank you Diane for helping make that all possible!!

Here are some pics of the trip....








3 comments:

le said...

My brother lives in Redondo Beach, they love it. Hope you had a great time, I'm pretty jealous. I really wanted to go on a night or two babymoon. But I started having preterm contractions before we had a chance to leave, so it didn't seem like the best idea. (Those dang contractions came at about 22 weeks, how was I suppose to get away before then.)

Becky said...

I am extremely jealous of all these people who keep going to warmer climates leaving me here in Utah! I NEED to go to the beach!

Jared & Tracee said...

I wish that I could have a "CRAZY WEEKEND!" That sounds like so much fun! I am really into doing things spontaniously, so that would be up my alley! You would have never known that you had just got back on Sunday!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.