Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Interesting thoughts

Tonight I had book club. It's once a month and Mike is great about letting me go. We were at one of the ladies homes and after discussing the book she showed us something new that she had gotten. She had gotten a baby grand piano that was just beautiful. She is a great pianist and so we asked her to play for us. She started playing and while she was playing I was missing my grandma. I don't even know what she was playing, but it was beautiful and just reminded me of my grandma. I guess it's interesting when you have these moments when it just seems like yesterday that they were here with us. I love the fact that she taught me to appreciate good music. It was a fun moment to reconnect to those old ties. It's hard to believe that it'll be 5 yrs in May that she's been gone, but it's nice to have those times when you can re-connect to those times. I am so greatful for music and the abilities of others. Through their abilities, I am able to appreciate it so much more. Grandma helped me to appreciate good music and I love it when people really know how to play and it's fun to remember her and how well she played.

5 comments:

The Cassel Family said...

Grandma is the best. I will love her forever and think of her often:)

Kate said...

Music does remind me of her and red and my furniture....she left us with many good things!

Toodles said...

Hey Becky!! Thanks for that post! It made me think of my grandmother and how much I love her! She was a great musician as well and I wish she was still here to play for me. You are the best!

Jana said...

Hi Becky!
My Dad died almost 3 years ago, right before Thomas was born. It's hard to realize they're gone, but what a blessing to have wonderful memories of them! You are blessed to have such good ones of your Gramma.
I had no idea you were expecting, and I've been reading your blog on and off for a little while! Guess I must have been reading quick! haha!
I checked out the Moby wrap and it looks awesome. I think I could probably make one, especially if I can look at the directions or inspect one in person. I love all these baby wrap/sling things, they remind me of the American Indians and how they'd wear thier papooses on thier backs! (Though I much prefer having my baby in front where I can see/feel them breathing! :) )
Thanks for all the good advice and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Dantzel said...

There's no one as special as our mom/grandma. I think about her all the time--we are blessed, aren't we?

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.