Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fundraisers

Guess what, we got our first fundraiser from the school. It's exciting to realize that I have one in school now so I don't have to buy something from everyone in the neighborhood. :)

Now that they have started, one night last week the doorbell rang. I went to get it and some girl was standing on my porch. She then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to buy something for their school fundraiser. I told her that right now wasn't good and sent her away, but I was really bothered. I'm not sure what my problem is, but I don't really feel like buying something from someone whom I have never met and have no idea who they are.

It was just an experience that taught me to never let my kids ask someone they don't even know to help with a fund raiser. There are plenty of kids around and chances are they know one of them.....

I hope that doesn't come across negative, but I'm curious as to how other people handle fundraisers and how do you approach that as a parent??

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.