Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What to do??

I just have to say, that I have know idea what to do as a parent!! I think today may have made me the worst!! I don't know if I can publically share the details, but I think I'm probably not doing so good right now.

I worry about ruining the relationship that I have with mythree wonderful children. I'm sure hoping that through the years, I do more things right than I do wrong. Hopefully that's not too much to ask. :)

So, now that the trauma has passed, I get to think about it over and over and try to figure out how I could have/should have done things differently. I just wonder sometimes how much what happens at one moment will affect the future. When it's a bad moment I'm thinking about I sure hope it doesn't change thing for the worse. I guess I need to make a goal for having good moments that will change their lives for infinitely better.....

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

I know how you feel. I have moments like that A LOT. Being a mom to little kids is really really hard, harder than I ever thought. The good news is that they are incredibly resilient and if you make a mistake, usually "I'm sorry" and a hug and kiss make it better. I've found it's better to admit to my kids that I messed up and ask forgiveness, so I'm teaching them to be responsible for their actions, too. And sometimes I give myself time-outs, too.

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.