Friday, June 19, 2009

Turn of events...

So, here we are working on getting Charlie potty trained. He's doing ok. The last couple of days have been about 50/50 accidents vs successes. So far today he's only had one accident, so things are improving (knock on wood ;).

Brigit is where things really get interesting. A couple of weeks ago she was driving me crazy with her not wanting to wear a diaper, so I decided that I would get her a potty for herself. That way we had two whether it be for each child or for each bathroom. Anyway, I worked with her for a couple of days and I've read into a few different methods/ideas. (If your curious, let me know and I can go more in depth later.) Things didn't seem to be going anywere really, so I backed off. Well, last night after she had gone to bed she woke up at about 11:30PM. This is definitely out of character for her. As I got her she indicated that she needed a diaper change. As I took off her diaper I realized that it was completely dry. I suggested that she try the potty. She did and had a great success. I put her diaper back on and she went to bed. Then this morning she actually woke up dry!!

Today I have offered the potty, but she hasn't done anything really. I change her all day long because if she's a little wet, she freaks out and starts pulling at her diaper.

Crazy, huh!! We'll see what happens over the next little while.

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.