Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Potty Time!!

Oh, yes... I have decided that it's time to get serious about potty training Charlie. He is well beyond 3 and I've about had it with 3 kids in diapers. I'm amazed that I've been dealing with 3 in diapers for 4 months now. WOW!!

So, today it is. We had nothing going on and not really anything to do specifically and I decided that it was time. Mike backed me up really well and after about 3 accidents told Charlie that he doesn't get diapers any more. He is done! After that he went pee 2 times before going to bed. So, I figure today has been a success. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but so far, I think it'll be ok.

I am very excited for this to happen, so hopefully I can not pressure him too much and keep him going. Like I said before though, we'll see what happens and just take it one day at a time. It'll be interesting to see how Brigit handles all of this. A couple of weeks ago I ended up buying a little potty for her because she sure gave me an upset. So, she will sit on the potty as well.

What will I do if I can get 2 out of diapers at once? I think I will love it, because I haven't done that since Ben was the only one.

I'll keep you all posted!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

The Cassel Family said...

Good luck! I wish Norah was ready, but she just isn't! Love the patrioic new look:)

Kate said...

Yeah! I hope all goes well!

Shan said...

I know how you feel.. Logan was in diapers when I had the twins.. 3 butts is too much for me too.. Logan potty-trained right after he turned 3 so it was nice. Good Luck and I hope they both can do it!! At least Charlie! Jace was 3 1\2 but he did it without accidents and it was easy!! He was also my first.. Hope it goes well!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.