Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Feeling Accomplished

I DID IT!! So, thinking more about everything, I think part of my problem is that I don't feel like I ever get anything DONE. So, even if I set a little goal to do something and I get it done, I feel much better. :)

Anyway, I got dinner made all by myself with a little help getting things on the table. I took pictures as proof. :) The table doesn't look pretty, but it's a complete meal (and that's the important part at this point). Maybe next time (tonight?) I can make it look prettier....we'll see how that goes. I'm feel accomplished just getting it done.

I should back up and tell you how it happened though. Boy #5 had his 4 mth check up and was asleep and or fairly content in the start of dinner. Boy #4 however was mad and tired. So, I got to hold him while I was working for a bit and then he fell asleep and I was able to lay him on the couch, so that was nice. The other kids were either watching "The Grinch" (old cartoon version, the best version :)), or helping put Christmas up. Then when Boy #5 was fussing the older kids helped with him. After I was done I said something to Mike about how I made dinner and he had said he was sorry he didn't help (what a GREAT man). I told him that it was ok and that I wanted to do it.

So, we had Chicken Popover which everyone pretty much likes. We had a side salad or carrot and celery sticks if you didn't want the salad.

Here's the table:




We'll see how dinner goes tonight. We are having Fried Rice and I don't do well when it comes to guess work, so Mike may have to step in there if he wants. No ad lib for me with seasonings...

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.