Friday, August 3, 2012

10 YEARS!!

It was 10 years ago today that I married my best friend. I am so lucky to have the life that I do and it all started with that one action 10 years ago.



I'm not a big fan of posting all over the love that I share with my family, I'm not sure why not, but it's just the way I am. As I have thought about this Anniversary, I decided to step out of my zone a little and just mention 10 highlights of my marriage.

1. I literally got to marry my best friend. There wasn't anyone I wanted to spend my time with more than Mike. I am so glad and grateful that this is the way our marriage/life together started. There are still those times occasionally when we stay up late just talking.

2. With him I have 6 beautiful children that I am so grateful to have in my life. He has been able to be to the births of each one and I've loved having him by my side through the labors and deliveries. I could have never delivered those that came without medication without him.

3. He is a very patient with me. I tend to get crazy sometimes and he is able to get me calmed down and recognize the important things.

4. He has the power of the priesthood. I am so grateful for his worthiness to hold and use this power. It has been a major blessing in my life that he has this power.

5. He continues to try and improve himself. We both know that neither one is perfect (although I think he's pretty close :)), and he continues to try to be better and to do better. I appreciate his efforts a lot.

6. He is dedicated to what he wants. He had a goal to loose some weight and he has done very well keeping it off even through my pregnancies when I really don't worry about my weight.

7. He loves me! In spite of everything he still loves me and wants to be with me forever.

8. He provides for us. I am grateful to him for wanting to provide and care for his family. In a time of entitlement he is one that will do anything and everything in his power to provide for his family and to help keep us comfortable.

9. Going along with the last one...he enjoys his job. I'm so grateful for his job. I'm amazed sometimes that he even got it with all the politicking that goes one.

10. He enjoys the time that gets spent with the Hansen Family. I hear horror stories about families and in-laws and I am very grateful for the connectivity that we have with both families.

These are in no particular order, just different thoughts that I have.

2 comments:

Bobbidee said...

I love that PIC! It is gorgeous! Nice post Becky! Happy for you two!

Dantzel said...

I love this post. It's really fun to get to know Mike--and you--more through the things you appreciate about him. Thanks for that happy read.

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.