Monday, April 9, 2012

Life and Death

It has been an interesting week for me. I love Easter time and the chance that I have to spend more time reflecting on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. This Easter ended up being more meaningful than sometimes it can be.

I had an aunt pass away this last week. She had cancer and we knew that it could happen, but we expected it in another 4 months or more. I was able to go to the funeral with my sister and we had a great time chatting during the long drive as well as supporting those that needed it as well as ourselves. The funeral services were very nice. It was good to spend that time together with family.

We then were able to go visit Family and participate in our traditional Easter Egg Hunt on Sat. before the burial. All the adults were able to go to the burial and the cousins all stayed back by themselves at my parents. The cousins were awesome!! All the kids did well and had a good time. The burial turned out very good as well. It has been nice to reflect on her life and to think about ways that I can become better.

During the funeral and burial I spent a lot of time thinking about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and how with my knowledge we know that my aunt will live again. I have a testimony of this and if fills me with such joy. I know it doesn't make any difference really in the fact that death is hard because it is, but it sure helps me to work through the struggle knowing that I will see my family again once this life is over. If you don't have this knowledge and owuld like to know more, you can head over to this website. www.lds.org

I am so grateful for the gospel knowledge that I have. My biggest problem is that I need to live my life well so that I may see them again.

Thank you for letting me share with you today these thoughts. I sure do appreciate it.

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.