Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mission

Did you serve a mission? Tell about your companions. From previous posts, if you haven't already figured it out I served an LDS Mission, which is why that question yesterday was a little big for one day.

I served in the Argentina Neuquen Mission. The best Mission! During my mission, I ended up having 8 companions. I won't go into too much detail about each of them for various reasons (the big one being privacy issues). I had a few 6 wk companions that I "killed". "Killed" being the term that we used when you were their last comp. I guess like everything else in life that was both good and bad. I didn't get to know them as well as I might have liked, but I did get to know more sisters that way.

I very much enjoyed having my native companions. (I had 4 that were native to Argentina, 1 that was native to Honduras, and 3 that were from America.) That was something totally new/different for me. Growing up I didn't spend a lot of time with other cultures, so it was fun to have companions that were from other cultures.

Probably the best thing that I came away from with my companions is know that relationships take work. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes, not so. I know that you can work through anything you want/desire in a relationship if you both care about it. I also learned about my own faults (and some of you might be reminded of them more regularly than you want to be).

I'm feeling totally under qualified to do/be what I am today. I am very much not perfect (and these companions could all tell you that), and have many of my own faults. It helps me feel more and more grateful for those that can look past them and love and accept me anyway. I guess that's sort of how I feel about my companions. As we spent pretty much every waking hour in each others sight you find that not everyone is perfect, but we are all trying. I won't lie and say that things were all peaches and roses, but I am grateful for those hard times as well as the good times.

A little shout out to any of my companions that read this blog. Thank you for caring about me even though I have my faults and imperfections. And for those that could be wondering, I love and care about you too!

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.