Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bloggers Block

I have been thinking about how I need to be better about updating the blog, but it seems like there really isn't that much going on to talk/write about. Just normal life that doesn't seem very note-worthy.

I have been thinking about my lack of mothering skills. I need to be better in a lot of ways, but it's hard for me to be motivated to REALLY do something about it. I would call myself addicted to being lazy! :) I do a very good job of it. So, in an effort to be less lazy and more productive as well as help with my lack of writing abilities. (My writing abilities weren't that good to begin with.) I found this jar that has a whole bunch of little questions inside. I want to say that it's a type of journal jar. I'm actually not very sure what's all in here, but I'm thinking I will find out with all of you. So, during the week-days I am hoping to be able to answer one of the questions that are found in here.

So, as I pull the strip of paper out of the jar today, it says: "Tell some of your favorite scriptures and why they are important to you. Did you serve a mission? Tell about your companions."

That is one loaded question. I think I will break this one down into two days. So, to start I will share my favorite scripture. My all-time favorite would be found in the Book of Mormon (if you want to know more about what it is look here: www.lds.org)

Alma 37:37 Which reads..."Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

As I think back, I really don't remember how/when it became my favorite, but it sure did and it still is. I love how it says counsel, we can discuss and learn, it's a two way street. I also think it's interesting to note that we pray that we will be watched over in our sleep. Recently I read a book The Cleansing of America. It talks about the Second Coming and what it will be like as we get there and how things will look at the end. I think about the terrible things that will happen and with that in mind I can understand even more the importance of being protected while we sleep.

The other thing is that I'm a mom and I get nervous that I'll have a child not wake up in the morning. I do pray that my family and I will be watched over each night. I am also grateful that I wake up each morning and that my family does as well.

I am so grateful for the scriptures and what they teach. They help me to continue on and hope for things. I know that they were written for our day and they can help us as we go about our lives.

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.