Sunday, June 20, 2010

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3....

So, I just wanted to post something that is fun. Since Charlie's surgery I haven't noticed too much the difference in his hearing. This morning though, I realized how his hearing is affecting him. It's time for him to change his clothes and take a bath. He's pretty much just been wearing the same thing since surgery and it has reached the moment of stink that needed to be addressed. He wasn't excited about getting in the tub, but after some coaxing he is finally in there. I put some bubbles in the tub and I was sitting with him and he asks what a noise is. We talk and it's the sound of the bubbles all popping. I left and came back a min later and there he is with bubbles in his hand and he's holding them up to his ear. HE CAN HEAR!! What a blessing hearing is. It is really a miracle unfolding before my eyes. I am so grateful for Doctors and the advance in technology that makes this possible.

I'm guessing that as I watch him and as he gets feeling better that I will see more manifestations of our own personal miracle in our lives. What a wonder.

Also, in other news. Jacob is taking more and more steps. I think he will reach his goal of walking by July (I'm not sure how much he understands his goal, but that's what it is none the less). Things are going well, just hoping our house will sell soon. We have found a couple that we like and can't make any offers until this one is done. So, we'll stay patient and it'll work out for the best.

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.