Saturday, March 13, 2010

The End of Day Three

Thursday turned out to be an interesting day. I'm not exactly sure how I got started or how I decided, but it was time to start potty training Brigit. She ended up using the potty most of the day with only one accident. I think we got started around 10:00AM and got ready for bed around 6:00PM, so, with only one accident, I felt great and she wasn't feeling the greatest. So, later that day, I decided I better get to the store and get some underwear and also some pull-ups to help us since we had gotten started.

So, Friday comes and Brigit seems sicker and I'm not sure how the day is going to go. It was also my birthday and so I was hoping for the BEST birthday gift ever would be for her to be done. That was not really how the day turned out. After she woke up, I showed her the new underwear and by the time breakfast was over, she had gone through 3 pairs of underwear, but only one was an accident caused change. (I think she just wanted to try on all the new pairs.) She ended up having a couple more accidents, so not too bad on the second day feeling aweful. She barely let me put her down all day. Also, I think she is intimidated by big toilets and while we were out to eat she did go and try, but she ended up having an accident a short time later.

Now, for today (Saturday) she has done wonderful again. I think she is feeling a little better as well, but she's only had one accident today. Not to get too graphic, but she just has a hard time with the pooping. So, the next big thing to work on. We'll see how she does, but so far, I think I've got a good gift.

On a little side note, Jacob actually let go of me tonight while he was moving around. He really let go of me and stood for a few seconds on his own accord.

Anyway, that is the latest in what's going on at our house. We are having fun and enjoying the spring type weather that has come. (Now it's snowing, so not quite full spring yet.) All is going well.

1 comment:

Laura said...

that't great! Hopefully you can be down to only one in diapers, and it sounds like she is doing really well :)

I can't think of a better birthday gift as a mom, actually mine is in about 2 weeks and I think if one of my kids used the potty for my birthday, I wouldn't need ANYTHING else!

Keep up the good work!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.