Saturday, October 31, 2009

New Recipes

I have been meaning to post these for a couple of days now. Since I got my bountiful basket full of produce, I have had to come up with different ways of useing a few things. With my Mexican Mix that I got I found a recipe for Chalupas that turned out to use a lot of what I had gotten. You use a green salsa which base would be tomatillos. It turned out to be quite a bit spicier than first intended. Very little is needed to feel it. :) You blend the salsa all together then cook it. You also heat corn tortillas and then you add a LITTLE salsa then sour cream, chicken pieces, and cheese on top. You can find the recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Soft-Fried-Tortillas-with-Tomatillo-Salsa-and-Chicken-109433







You blend the salsa all together then cook it. You also heat corn tortillas and then you add a LITTLE salsa then sour cream, chicken pieces, and cheese on top.

We also had some Bok Choy to use. I have heard of it, but never used it. So, I found a recipe that uses it as a stir-fry. I missed taking pictures of it, but here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Broccoli-Ca---Uniengs-Style/Detail.aspx

We ommitted the oyster sauce, because I don't have that on hand, but it still turned out really well. If you've never eaten Bok Choy, but you eat oriental food, then you probably have tried it and just didn't know it. While I was eating I recognized the flavor and taste. The leaves almost have a spinich look to them.

Anyway, It's been fun trying new recipes. We'll see if we come up with anything else this week.

Sorry, I can't get the links to work. I'll see if I can get them fixed.

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.