Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I DID IT!!

Wow. I think I'm crazy...wait, I KNOW I'm crazy. What was my first clue you ask? Well, I'm not sure, but I did decide to go to Target with 4 kids under the age of 5. (The kids were my very own) Maybe just having 4 kids under 5 is the crazy part and I just decided to make it even crazier. I'm not sure.

I found out Monday morning that I needed to get a new plastic sheet for Ben's bed. (We are still having wet nights.) I also realized that I needed to get it before he went to bed. That is were my desire to go to the store came. So, I did it. After lunch I decided it was time to just do it. We made it and the kids really did do a good job. Ben was a big boy and ended up going potty by himself. That was one of the hardest moments and the poor kid is going to have to grow up really fast here.

We had made it through and were to the point of leaving that things didn't go so well. The boys decided to go out the in doors as I was trying to get them to come over to get their coats on before going outside. To make a long story short...they didn't listen so they weren't happy as we headed for the car to come home.

What an adventure it was, but in the end it was good to know that I can do it if I need to. (I don't think there will be too many times that I'm in that situation though.) I do have to load them all in the car two times a week to take Ben to school, but I don't have to get them all out and do anything else. I guess that's what makes it possible. We'll see how this all goes as they all get a little older too.

6 comments:

Kate said...

That is a true accomplishment! glad it worked out ok!

Kendra said...

Glad you are doing well - I'm struggling with two - but it's only the first week. Norah came early too - but not with so many complications.

The Cassel Family said...

good for you! I have always wondered how super moms like you do it:)

Mom Johnson said...

It will get easier. Especially in the summer when you don't have to worry about coats.

Shan said...

I am surprised you even went out with the little one!! I didn't leave the house for a long time.. of course 2 at one time is a little different, but still 4 kids.. I still haven't taken them anywhere all by myself!..but you are a brave woman!

Sweetpea said...

Whoah. I remember how hard it was to take two kids out for the first time. It's still hard! I can't imagine 4, not enough arms!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.