Monday, December 8, 2008

Laundry, Laundry, Laundry...

Why is there always laundry to do? I guess we all like to be clean. :)

For those of you who didn't/don't know. We got a new washer and dryer on Black Friday. Almost as long as we have been living here we have had a problem with the dryer. Clothes kept getting caught in the drum, so we would have burned spots on clothes and I can't tell you how many snaps I have lost off of onsies with them getting caught. So, it's been on our list for awhile. As we were looking at Black Friday ads for Sears we saw a front load washer and dryer set for $600. How could we pass this up when that's basically what it normally would cost us for just the dryer?!


So, here I was with a new washer and dryer that is HE (High Efficency) and I didn't know much about them. So after doing some research and having a ton of laundry to do, I ran to the store to get some HE detergent to use NOW. I also picked up some other things in order to make laundry detergent. I had read that it was great because of the low sudsing, which is the big thing with HE washers. After I got home I got my laundry going and found that I was enjoying my very quiet machines!!

Things were good and a couple of days later I decided to try one of the homemade recipes I had found. I got it all mixed together and I was very interested in try it and seeing how it works. I ran a couple of loads and things are looking great!! It was exciting to do something that worked and know that I won't have to make any more for awhile. We'll see how long this little jar lasts me.


I also bought some laundry deteregent from a WAHM that has essential oils in it to give it a different smell. I'm excited to get it and try it out. I'll let you know how that goes. Anyway, that is an update from what's going on around here right now.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love them, kinda jealous! :)

Toodles said...

Congrats on the new washer and dryer!! So exciting! Our dryer is starting to make funny noises, but we're not ready to budget in a dryer so we'll see what happens!

Do keep us posted on the WAHM detergent. Eager to know how it works!

Mom Johnson said...

You know we've grown up when we get excited about a washer and dryer. But they make life easier especially with small children.

Stacie said...

Way cool laundry appliances! So, are you going to share your detergent recipe? :)

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.