Monday, August 29, 2011

ALL DONE!

This has needed to be posted about for a bit. A few things in the last little bit are now all done.

We got an offer on our house and we accepted it!!! YEAH!! It couldn't have happened a moment too soon. We got the offer and then a few days later we had our final walk-through on the new house. It was great to go through the house with the arcitect and have him talk to us about warrenties, home care and other things to help us understand what is going on with our house. One tip he gave that I think everyone should hear is about touch-up painting. He talked about when the paint gets dinged up on the corners. He suggested you use a q-tip to touch up the paint. What a great idea and no brush stroking issues.

So, the house is ready for us and we just have to close on both of the houses and then we can move in. Right now the closing date is the end of Sept. but we are trying to work with those that are buying our house to see about moving the date up to the middle of the month. We'll see what happens with that.

My baby is now 1 yr old. It's crazy to think that's he's been around for a year. We were able to celebrate with family and dinner and cake with ice cream. I also made some cupcakes and filled them with ice cream. It was different, but no one complained about them. :)

My oldest is now in 2nd grade and his teacher is in our ward, so that's fun. He's liking school and seems to be doing ok....it is only the 2nd week, so there's still a lot of time for anything to happen.

My second started kingergarten this week. He has the same teacher that #1 did and that's fun. It's a little crazier for me to go back and forth 3 times a day. The afternoons are fairly calm with 2 at school, 2 napping and 1 awake. Maybe I can get more things done?

I think that's all for now that's going on. I think that's probably enough for now anyway. I will post pictures of the events in the next post.

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.