Monday, May 10, 2010

2nd ENT Visit

We made it to the ENT for the second time today. After again looking at Charlie's eardrums we found that they are both completely full of fluid. They then checked to see if his eardrums have movement. As the audiologist said "They are as flat as pancakes."

We then talked to the Dr. again and we talked for a bit and we decided that it was time to schedule surgery. Charlie has been a snorer all his life and so we will be doing tubes, and also taking out the adenoids and tonsils as well. It will be interesting. I haven't said anything to Charlie about it and don't plan to until surgery date (June 15th) gets closer. So don't talk to him about it please. As far as I know at this point recovery will be about 10 days, so we plan on laying low a bit as he gets feeling better and we'll just have to play a few things by ear.

It will be nice for him to hear well again and maybe breath a little lighter. :) I don't think there will be much else to say until after the surgery, so for now it's nice to know that it will be taken care of in about a month.

3 comments:

Stephen, Terren & Peyton said...

I am glad to hear they can fix it but it's still scary to me!!! But they I am sure do this stuff quite a bit but I don't think it will be the most fun for your family during recovery! Hope you are doing well!

Kate said...

Glad you have all the info now! Hopefully this will fix it all!

The Cassel Family said...

Poor little guy. Hope it goes well!

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.