Thursday, September 24, 2009

I did it!!

Wow, what a morning. I have been doing my run/walk 5k training and it's going ok. I have missed a bunch of days here and there, but today I made it 2 miles.

If I never mentioned it before, maybe I should now. I am NOT a runner. Never have been, but maybe I may become more of one anyway. I am definitely not fast, but it's fun. My motivation some mornings is low and makes it hard for me to leave (assuming I actually make it), but this morning I was definitely glad I did.

I just wanted to share this with all of you. I also tried out a new recipe for breakfast and I think it turned out well as well. So, it's been a good morning!!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrulations Becky, 2 Miles is great!!!

Becky said...

Way to go! I really like running, not now that I'm so out of shape, but I used to love it. A roommate and I joined a running class when we were at Dixie, just so we could have a scheduled exercise routine. It was the best! There were only 6 of us and the teacher was like 70 years old and he ran with us. I kept going because I was NOT going to let a 70 year old man pass me up! The part was when we did a 24 hour relay for cancer. Great times!

Toodles said...

Woo hoo!!! Good job Becky! Running is not my easiest activity either, but it does feel good to finish a run! Keep it up!

Sweetpea said...

Good job! Are you running with kids in a stroller, too? 2 miles is awesome! You'll get to three in no time.

Johnson Family said...

Oh, no, no kids. I don't have room to run with 4 kids. I go early while they are in bed or playing before breakfast.

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.