Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

We got a chance to go to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple today. As we were preparing to go, I realized that we never really mentioned or posted pictures from the Draper Temple open house.

So, for an update from the Draper Temple. We went on Feb. 13th at night. It was crowded and very busy. That's what you get for a Friday night. We went as we headed up north for a bridal shower and visiting of family. We got back Sat. night and then Sun we ended up having Jacob, so we never really gave the weekend much credit.

A couple of pictures from the Draper Temple open house:

waiting for the bus

bus ride

This time around we decided to try and go at a calm middle of the week kind of time. We did it. We ended up going at 1:50. It was fairly calm and their where other kids in the group as well, so that made it nice.


family outside the temple

Charlie and Ben

I have loved being able to take my kids with me to the Temple and go inside. It's nice to be able to show them a little of what the Temple is and what it means to me. I love knowing that through our marriage our kids are sealed to us for forever. I am so gratefull for that knowledge and the blessings that we enjoy because of that knowledge. I am so lucky to be around at this time when the gospel is blooming at such a rapid rate. I am grateful that my kids have had this chance and I hope they get the opportunity to visit more temples as they grow. Until then, the pictures will have to do.

1 comment:

Kate said...

glad you got there, looks like fun.

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.