Monday, June 11, 2012

Cupcakes

Ok, I just have to tell you about the latest cupcakes that I made. They turned out really good. I used a new yellow cake mix recipe (which I'll have to post later with pictures) and I added just a bit of mini chocolate chips. I then frosted them with chocolate frosting. Of course, I can't find my camera so I'm a little frustrated that way. I'm wondering if I left it at my mom's or if I just have too much of a mess here to find it. :)

I think I will be trying the yellow cake recipe again soon. My darling girl is wanting some pink cupcakes with pink frosting, just like Pinkalicious. What a good book that is! If you haven't read it, it's a good one to check out. :)

I also made some orange julius using fresh oranges rather than concentrate. It turned out really good as well. I used 4 oranges, about 1/3 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla and 2 cups of ice. I should have added a little more ice to mine, but it still turned out really good. The recipes I looked up added sugar, but I have found that I don't need it added and my kids don't either. Sometimes, yes, but this time, it wasn't necessary.

Fun times in the kitchen!! I'm sure we'll have more fun times.....

1 comment:

cbo said...

Sweet post! :D
Now I feel like making cupcakes myself :))

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.