Thursday, January 21, 2010

Captain Moroni

I was reading about Captain Moroni today in Alma and started thinking about him and who he was and all that he did. I am always so amazed at how he led the army at age 25. Now that I am beyond 25, I realize more of what an amazing thing that is. I also realized that he was prepared just like so many others that have come before us. This thinking then tied in to a conversation that we had at my parents' house on Sunday.

My dad had taught the lesson in Priesthood and gave us a briefing of the lesson (I don't hear them since I'm in Nursery, so it was good for me). As he talked my sister brought up a point in the lesson that says "...our Father in Heaven knows who we are and what we did before we came here. He has chosen the time and place for each of us to be born so we can learn the lessons we personally need and do the most good with our individual talents and personalities."

With that being said and thinking of Captain Moroni, I realize how prepared we all are before we came down to the earth. I think I forget that I AM SPECIAL, just like YOU ARE SPECIAL. I may find things about my life/situation hard, but doesn't everyone at some point and how lucky I am to KNOW that there is someone who loves me so much that he has given me these opportunities and situations that will help me out the very best for me and he has also done this for everyone else as well.

I am very grateful for this knowledge and the chance that we have to remember things as we do simple things in our lives. I decided to share it with you all, because maybe you feel the same way or need a reminder just like I did. Also, this is a journal of sorts for me, so....

No comments:

Ain't no need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been.